On January 11, 2024, The Arc was notified that the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), overseen by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), is expected to end in April 2024, unless Congress appropriates additional funding. The FCC projects that households enrolled in the ACP will continue to receive the benefit on their internet service through April 2024. This date is an estimate and may change.
The Arc Maryland is partnering with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to bring Marylanders affordable internet! Find out if you are eligible and apply today.
What is the Affordable Connectivity Program?
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is an FCC program that helps connect families and households struggling to afford internet service.
The Benefit Provides:
- Up to $30/month discount for internet service;
- Up to $75/month discount for households on qualifying Tribal lands; and
- A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet purchased through a participating provider.
Who Is Eligible for ACP?
A household is eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program if the household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, or if a member of the household meets at least one of the criteria below:
- Participates in any of the following assistance programs: SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, Veterans Pension or Survivor Benefits, SSI, WIC, or Lifeline;
- Participates in any of the following Tribal specific programs: Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribal, Tribal TANF, Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations, or Tribal Head Start (income based);
- Participates in the Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or the School Breakfast Program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year;
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating broadband provider’s existing low-income internet program.
How to Enroll in ACP
For more information, call the FCC at 1-877-384-2575 or visit FCC.gov/ACP.